If you are an employee or working at the University of Maryland, Baltimore, then you have to access Office 365. Office 365 enables the users with all standard Office apps in a cloud environment, which clearly means you can access your data from anywhere that you have a device and internet access without any error. But, have you ever thought about how to access all these items from anywhere? Yes, this is possible when you have Office 365 portal or portal office. When you are away from home or your workstation the Portal office is a tool that enables you to access email calendars and files saved to the OneDrive for Business. The portal office also offers the online versions of the most commonly used applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, this clearly allows you for quick and easy viewing and editing of files. If you are at a meeting across the campus or traveling for work, you can use the portal office to access your emails or files. Through this article, you will get to learn the basics to use the Portal Office, so let us begin to understand!
How to use the Portal Office without interruptions?
For the purpose to sign in to the Office on the web, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Visit www.office.com and select the “Sign in” button. Enter the email address and password.
- This might be your personal Microsoft account or the username and password, that you use with your work or school account.
- Just select the “App launcher and then select any Office app to start using it.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete the process.
What are the basic steps to access the Portal Office securely?
There are few simple steps that you need to consider while accessing the Portal Office, here are the steps:
- From any web browser, go to the Microsoft Office home page.
- You will be prompted to enter the UMB e-mail and the password.
- If you are off-campus or you are somewhere then there is a new security step that is known as multi-factor authentication.
- The multi-factor authentication requires another device to authenticate that confirms the account is yours by sending what is called a “Push” or a Passcode.
- Once the step is completed, you will be taken care of to your portal Office home page.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end of this topic, we hope that this article has helped you with the process to access the Portal office without any interruptions or errors. However, we always recommend you to visit the official website and get assistance from the experts in case there are any issues in the process to access the account.