When compared to Classic, TBC adds a few more dungeon attunements and makes the first one for Karazhan a lengthy one. Having said that, it isn't all bad, and you can even do a few of them as you progress through the game and level up. This guide will cover all of the dungeon key attunement quests in the game.
ATTUNEMENT GUIDE FOR THE BLACK MORASS
1. The Master's Lair in Tanaris will be picked up first.
2. Head over to Andormu at the Caverns of Time entrance and follow them for the Custodian of Time event until you have completed The Caverns of Time.
3. Return that quest to Andormu before continuing on to the next quest, Old Hillsbrad. You can now enter Old Hillsbrad Foothills, the first dungeon in the Caverns of Time.
4. Form a group to explore the Old Hillsbrad Foothills dungeon. Pick up Taretha's Diversion from Erozion once you've entered.
5. They'll give you a Pack of Incendiary Bombs to use later on.
6. Speak to the dragon nearby, and he will fly toward the keep and clear the dungeon. Use your Incendiary Bombs to set fire to the five structures.
7. Once that is completed, proceed to the large keep and speak with Thrall. Make certain that everyone in the group has completed the quest before accepting the next one. Accept the challenge of Escape from Durnholde when everyone is ready.
8. Upon returning to Erozion and turning in your previous quest, you will be given the option of picking up Return to Andormu or continuing on to the next step.
9. You'll receive The Black Morass once you complete this quest, allowing you to enter The Black Morass dungeon and complete the Karazhan quest chain.
ATTUNEMENT GUIDE FOR SHATTERED HALLS
1. To begin, go to the location listed above and kill Smith Gorlunk, who can be found near the blacksmith. It is likely that he will drop the item Primed Key Mold and accept the quest. It will direct you to either Honor Hold (A) or Thrallmar (H) depending on your faction.
2. Complete the follow-up quests (Dumphry's Request and Rohok's Request ). You'll need to collect 4x Fel Iron Bar, 2x Arcane Dust, and 4x Mote of Fire to complete this task. Afterwards, turn it in and accept Hotter than Hell.
3. Assemble a group and defeat the Fel Reaver (pictured above, but you'll recognize him). You can then use the Unfired Key Mold on the Fel Reaver's body to transform it into the Charred Key Mold after he's been killed. Return it to either Dumphry or Rohok, and you'll be able to claim your Shattered Halls Key.
THE ATTUNEMENT GUIDE FOR ARCATRAZ
1. Speak with Nether-Stalker Khay'ji in Area 52, Netherstorm (32,64).
2. Take the Arklon Crystal Artifact from demons near the Arklon Ruins. Return to Khay'ji and accept A Heap of Ethereals as a reward for your trouble.
3. Capture and use Zaxxis Insignia from Zaxxis Raiders in the area south of Area 52.
4. You'll need to form a group to take down Warp-Raider Nesaad, and you'll find them in the same location as the Zaxxis Raiders.
5. In order to complete the next quest Request for Assistance, you'll need to speak with Hahruj, who can be found inside the Eco-Dome Midrealm (as depicted above).
6. In order to complete the next quest, you must return to the Eco-Dome and pick up a Box of Surveying Equipment, which can be found there.
7. Now, proceed to Stormspire (which is located above the Eco-Dome) and speak with Image of Nexus-Prince Haramad.
8. Triangulation Point One will have you use the Triangulation Device near Manaforge Ultris, which is east of Stormspire, while Triangulation Point Two will have you use the Triangulation
9. Device near Manaforge Ara, which is west of Stormspire.
You will end up north of the Ruins of Farahlon if you complete the full triangle. You'll need to kill Culuthas and loot the Ata'mal Crystal in order to advance.
10. Once you've completed that, head to A'dal, which is located in the heart of Shattrath, and purchase How to Break Into the Arcatraz.
11. Form a group to enter The Mechanar dungeon and defeat the final boss, Pathalean the Calculator, in order to obtain the Bottom Shard of the Arcatraz key.
12. Find another group to accompany you to The Botanica, and defeat the final boss, Warp Splinter, once more. Take the top shard of the Arcatraz Key as a prize.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO UNLOCK THE TBC CLASSIC HEROIC DUNGEONS
1. A key is required to enter each of the Heroic dungeons. Fortunately, you will not be required to complete a lengthy quest chain in order to obtain these, though you will need to gain some reputation first.
2. When you reach Revered, you must purchase the Flamewrought Key from Honor Hold/Thrallmar in order to enter Hellfire Citadel. Making the heroic modes available in Shattered Halls, Ramparts, and the Blood Furnace a reality.
3. dungeons can be found at Coilfang Reservoir. Slave Pens, the Underbog, and the Steamvaults are all locations in the game. The reservoir Key, which can be obtained at revered from the Cenarion Expedition, allows access to all three. The Serpentshrine Cavern raid attunement in Phase 2 also requires this item.
4. Auchindoun is the site of another set of four dungeons, this time in the form of a maze. The Auchenai Key can be purchased at revered with Lower City and will grant access to Mana-Tombs, 5. There are three dungeons in Tempest Keep, and in order to purchase the Warpfroged Key, you must be revered with The Sha’tar. On Heroic mode, this will grant you access to The Mechanar, The Botanica, and The Arcatraz, among other things.
6. The Caverns of Time are the final set of two dungeons, and to purchase the Key of Time, you must have Revered with the Keepers of Time. Using this method, you will be able to gain entry to the Escape from Durnholde Keep, Black Morass (by opening the Dark Portal).